• You may submit more than one play (submission instructions below).
• Scripts must be in Standard American format. Scroll down to download the 2017 Style Sheet.
• Scripts submitted to previous Young Playwrights’ Festivals are not eligible without significant revision.
• Scripts must be entirely written by one or more people who are under the age of 19 or in grades K-12 at the time of submission. We accept submissions from the following five counties: Philadelphia,Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery.
• Monologues, musicals, and screenplays are not eligible, nor are adaptations of other authors’ works.
Please save your play as a Microsoft Word Document (saved as .doc) with the name of the document as School, Grade, Play Title, Author Last Name. (Adobe PDF Documents .PDF are also acceptable)
Provide a Google Doc link to your play. You can get this link by: 1) Clicking the "share" button on their google.doc, 2) clicking "get shareable link" on the top right, and then 3) copy and paste that link into the submission form.
Fill out an Electronic Submission form by clicking HERE.
If you have to submit via HARD COPY:
Scripts must be typed in an easily legible font, page numbered and stapled with just one staple on the upper left side.
Submit 1 copy of your play with cover sheet attached. Keep the original at home, because scripts will not be returned. Note: We strongly encourage you to save an electronic copy of your script.
• Scripts must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2017.
SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO:
Literary Committee, Philadelphia Young Playwrights 1219 Vine Street Floor 3 Philadelphia, PA 19107
SCRIPTS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SUBMISSION.
PLEASE NOTE: By submitting your play to the Playwriting Festival, you are giving Philadelphia Young Playwrights, a nonprofit organization, permission to produce your play, or use your play, now or in the future, for other purposes such as play readings and in published anthologies of winning plays, without money being paid to you.