Attention all writers!
The City of Philadelphia wants to shine a spotlight on the next generation of theater professionals with the inaugural Philly Youth Theatre Festival. The City of Philadelphia Office of Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy wants to unite the region’s talented youth from these programs around their love for the stage.
The first ever Philly Youth Theatre Festival, will be held on June 7th at the Prince Theater in Center City Philadelphia and the call for participation is now open! Here is the chance to have your work performed in a high-profile professional venue for some of the region’s well-known artistic directors, and compete for recognition and cash prizes for their organization.
Terms of Participation
- The Festival will provide standard set props. To minimize scene transitions, spark participants' creativity, and ensure equity and inclusion, costumes and personal props allowed will be limited.
- The Festival will have one day of on-site dress rehearsals at the Prince Theater for all participants.
- You must live or go to school in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, and Delaware County.
- Participating playwrights must be between 14-18 years old
- Each monologue cannot exceed 2 mins.
- The selected monologues will be performed by actors from Arden Theatre's Teen Arden.